The Beginner’s Guide To Healthy Living
Numerous reports and surveys confirm the shift in consumer behaviour when it comes to health matters. Of course, Millennials are credited as the main catalysts of the shift towards healthier lifestyle choices. A recent survey conducted by the Nielsen Global Health and Wellness Survey confirms the above statement.
The millennials priority towards leading a healthier lifestyle seems to have sparked others to do the same. For instance, baby boomers have become more proactive in pursuing healthier diet choices as well as an active and fulfilling retirement. Of course, other generations are not too far behind as they seek better nutritional and fitness choices.
This shift has encouraged numerous retailers and manufacturers to produce more products and services that are wellness- oriented. This has led to the increase in fad diets and diet trends as well. Needless to say, the numerous choices make it hard for an individual to pursue a healthy lifestyle accordingly.
From Keto and Paleo to intermittent fasting, you can’t help but get confused. Which diet should I choose? Which diet is more suitable and more effective? Should I starve myself? To answer all your questions, i’ve come up with a beginner’s guide to getting healthy. Let us take a look.
Plan and Set Your Goals
Deciding to live a healthier lifestyle is one thing but planning to stick to it is another. Visualize your goals and objective first. In other words, write down how much weight you’d like to lose in one month. Having the goal in mind will help keep you motivated.
Next, plan which type of exercises are more suitable for your body type as well. If you have any medical conditions, you are advised to seek advice from your doctor as you plan your workout regimen. Also, you have to compliment your workout regimen with a healthy and balanced diet.
As you visualise your goals and objectives, don’t aim to look like or be like somebody else. Aim to set goals and a workout regimen that is suitable for you. Remember, you are doing this for a healthier and more energetic you.
With the numerous diets that are available online, it’s hard to narrow down on the most suitable and effective. However, most trends have been found to skip on the elementary nutrition principles are absolutely vital. Below, are a few things to keep in mind.
• Drink more water: Whilst living a healthy lifestyle, it is essential that you stay hydrated at all times. Water helps to detoxify our bodies, as well as increase proper blood circulation throughout the entire body.
Moreover, recent research has shown that individuals that drink more water throughout the day are likely to lose weight faster.
• Eat raw foods: Stock up on vegetables and fruits. Such foods contain negative ions that help alleviate the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are responsible for oxidative stress and even ageing. Negative ions will help eliminate toxins from your body and encourage weight loss.
• Don’t starve yourself: Starving yourself doesn’t really work to your benefit. Instead, you might end up overeating later on. Hence, eat smaller portions of food every 2 to 3 three hours.
• Avoid sugar at all cost: Numerous studies confirm that sugar is not only bad for a person’s overall health but contributes to weight gain. Avoid sugary liquids and stick to water or homemade juices. Even when it comes to food, try and avoid items that have a high sugar content. Of course, you don’t have to cut everything out.
• Sleep more: Individuals that tend to sleep less have a higher likelihood of adding weight. Try and sleep earlier so that you can get enough rest, and be better prepared for the day.
• Stick with what works for you: it is essential that you stick to a diet that works for you. Seek assistance from a nutritional counsellor in crafting a better diet that is perfect for you. This way, you can get to include some food items that you enjoy.
Effective Workout Regimes
As previously stated, seek medical advice whilst choosing the workout regimen that is most suitable for you. This is especially important if you have a medical condition or under medication.
Cardiovascular exercises are very effective. From running and swimming to walking, there are numerous aerobic exercises to choose from. When starting out your exercise regimen, start out slow and build up as time goes by. Moreover, always start with a warm-up, and finish your exercise with a cool- down.